The following financial information is subject to change by action of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees. The information printed below is current at the time of publication. Any changes will be updated and publicized on the College website prior to the start of each term. All tuition and fee payments are due at the time of registration.
Students who meet the specific criteria of Policy No. 803.01, as Alabama residents, are eligible to pay the following tuition and fees:
|Cr Hrs||Tuition||Bond Reserve Fee*||Facilities Renewal Fee||Tech Fee||Library Fee||Building Fee||ACCS Enhancements Fee||Total|
*Effective Fall 2023
* Reserve Fee is a non-waivable fee
For an estimated total cost of attendance please click here.
NOTE: The institution will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement funding from VA under chapter 31 or 33. Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e)
Nonresidents of Alabama
All full-time and part-time students who do not meet specific criteria are required to pay out-of-state tuition at a rate of two (2) times the in state rate. All other fees are the same. Students should contact the Office of Student Services for further information regarding appropriate tuition rates.
The following individuals shall be charged a rate of tuition not to exceed the in-state rate for tuition and fees purposes:
- Anyone using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311(b)(9)) who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal State of residence).
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 G.I. Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal State of residence) and the transferor is a member of the uniformed service who is serving on active duty.
- Anyone using educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation/Employment (VR&E), will also be charged the resident rate. Effective for courses and terms beginning after March 1, 2019, a public institution of higher learning must charge the resident rate to chapter 31 participants, as well as the other categories of individuals described above. When an institution charges these individuals more than the rate for resident students, VA is required to disapprove programs of education sponsored by VA.
- A Veteran using educational assistance under either chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill -Active Duty Program) or chapter 33 (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill), of title 38, United States Code, who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal State of residence).
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 G.I. Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal State of residence).
- Anyone described above while he or she remains continuously enrolled (other than during regularly scheduled breaks between courses, semesters, or terms) at the same school.
- The policy shall be read to be amended as necessary to be compliant with the requirements of 38 U.S.C. 3679 as amended.
Truck Driver Training Program
Tuition and Fees: $1,566.00
Additional expenses: $233.25
(Drug testing, physical exam, written test, permit and license fees)
Total Tuition, fees and expenses $1,799.25
Effective January 1, 1995, the Department of Transportation regulations required that all truck driving students undergo drug screening. Since the test is conducted by an independent health service, the student must be prepared to pay a screening fee (cash or money order only). The test will be conducted the first day of the class.
Other Charges and Fees
(For all students, where applicable)
|Late Registration Fee||$25|
|Returned Check Charge||$30|
|Parking in Disabled Parking Space||$50|
|Parking Decal (required)||$10|
|Each Additional Decal||$10|
|Health Sciences Drug Testing Fee||$33|
|Fee for Additional Diploma||$25|
|Nursing Liability Insurance||$13|
|Nursing Testing Fee (per semester)||$530|
|EMS Liability Insurance||$55|
|SUR Liability Insurance||$13|
|SUR Lab Fee (102)||$100|
|SUR Testing Fee (103)||$95|
|SUR Testing Fee (104)||$247|
|EMS Testing Fee||$35|
|Paramedic National Registry Testing Fee||$152|
|Advanced EMS National Registry Testing Fee||$136|
|Basic EMS National Registry Testing Fee||$98|
|Health Science Background Check||$50|
|Compliance Certification||1 yr $35 / 2yrs $40|
|BSCC Transcript Fee||$5|
|Stop Check Fee||$35-$42|
|ACT On Campus Fee||$68|