- Link to files, instead of downloading, whenever possible.
- Assume that a work is copyrighted unless it states that it is not.
- Always provide attribution for all downloaded files.
- Do not download files with private affirmation such as phone numbers and addresses.
Bevill State has designated a copyright agent to receive notification of claimed copyright infringement on the College's website as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If a person believes his or her work is being infringed on Bevill State's website, he or she should notify Tana Collins, Director of Public Relations, Bevill State Community College, 1411 Indiana Avenue, Jasper, AL 35501; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; (205) 648-3271.
According to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the notification of claimed infringement must include:
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (include ISBN, title, etc.);
- identification and URL of the material that is claimed to be infringing;
- information sufficient to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, fax number, and electronic mail address; and
- other information relating to the claim. Any copyright concerns or questions about the Bevill State website should be directed to Tana Collins at email@example.com.