- Link to files, instead of downloading, whenever possible.
- Assume that a work is copyrighted unless it states that it is not.
- Always provide attribution for all downloaded files.
- Do not download files with private affirmation such as phone numbers and addresses.
Bevill State has designated a copyright agent to receive notification of claimed copyright infringement on the College's website as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If a person believes his or her work is being infringed on Bevill State's website, he or she should notify Tana Collins-Allred, Director of Enrollment Management, Public Relations, and Recruiting, Bevill State Community College, 1411 Indiana Avenue, Jasper, AL 35501; e-mail: email@example.com; (205) 648-3271.
According to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the notification of claimed infringement must include:
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (include ISBN, title, etc.);
- identification and URL of the material that is claimed to be infringing;
- information sufficient to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, fax number, and electronic mail address; and
- other information relating to the claim. Any copyright concerns or questions about the Bevill State website should be directed to Tana Collins-Allred at firstname.lastname@example.org.