The College will disclose the following “Directory Information” without prior consent of the student. It is considered part of the student’s public record.
- Name, address (local and permanent), and telephone number;
- Place and date of birth;
- Major field of study/program;
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports;
- Weight and height of members of athletic teams;
- Enrollment status (full time or part time);
- Dates of enrollment;
- Certificates and degrees received;
- The most recent, previous educational agency or institution attended by the student;
- Awards and/or scholarships;
- Student photograph;
- E-mail address.
Students must submit a written objection to the release of any specific item or category of directory/public information to the Dean of Students or designee. This information will generally be released only to employers, prospective employers, representatives of the news media, and State or Federal education officials; however, Bevill State Community College reserves the right to disclose the information to other parties when its officials determine such disclosure is in order. Necessary information “in connection with a student’s application for, or receipt of, financial aid” may be legally released without obtaining prior permission from the student.