Skip to main content
- Be considerate in the use of computer and network resources. Avoid doing unnecessary activities during primary working hours that may slow down system response time, congest the network, or cause system crashes.
- Observe “posted rules” such as those displayed in login banners and in Appropriate Usage Policies, Terms & Conditions, etc. For example, requests to limit dial-up or telnet session times.
- Obey any commercial restrictions and considerations.
- Learn, understand and respect the organization’s policies regarding personal use of Internet and other resources and services, such as personal use, time-of-day restrictions, etc. If necessary, get a private account on a public-access Internet account provider and private email account.
- Remember that the Internet is a very public shared resource. Be mindful of what you do in terms of not abusing resources or talking about private information.
- You are in public. Unless you are satisfied with the security surrounding your activities, never do or say anything you wouldn’t be willing to see on the front page of tomorrow’s newspaper or posted on the bulletin boards in the mailroom.
- Always bear in mind that you are representing Bevill State Community College as you use the Internet/Network.
- These terms and conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with terms and conditions of any order submitted.
- Use of the Bevill State Community College Internet access constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions.