After completion of all program requirements, Bevill State will award the appropriate degree or certificate to students at the time they become eligible. Advisors are responsible for notifying the Director of Student Services when a student becomes eligible to receive certification. Students receiving an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree will only be awarded one degree based on the student’s program of study at the time of completion. The Associate Degree requires completion of 60-64 semester hours, therefore; it is recommended that students follow the appropriate STARS guide for their program of study. Students pursuing an Associate in Applied Science, certificate, or short-term certificate program should follow the specific course requirements of their program of study. Students must meet the following requirements:
- Earn a 2.0 cumulative grade point average in all courses attempted at the College;
- Meet all program of study requirements for the certificate or degree. These requirements are stated in the appropriate programs of study section for each certificate or degree offered by the College;
- Complete at least 25 percent of the credit hours required for the degree/certificate at Bevill State Community College;
- Complete the orientation course.
In order to receive a printed diploma and/or participate in the annual commencement programs, students must also meet the following additional requirements:
- Complete an Application for Diploma and register for GRA 100 during their last term of enrollment;
- Remove all admissions and probation conditions;
- Clear all financial obligations to the College;
- Meet all program requirements outlined in the appropriate Catalog.
Certificates/degrees are awarded at the end of each semester. Diplomas will be available in the Office of Student Services after all end of term processing is complete. Diplomas not picked up will be mailed to the graduate.
NOTE: Students may receive a short-term certificate, certificate, and degree in the same program of study. For each additional program of study diploma, students will be charged $10.00. There is an additional cost for cap, gown, Associate Degree hood, and honor cords.