Skip to main content
Bevill State Community College Internet Policy
- Under the terms of this agreement, you will be given access to the Bevill State Community College Internet/Network System. A user ID and password will be assigned by the Computer Services Office. This will be your Internet/Network account. You will be provided with an e-mail address. All Internet/Network access using Bevill State Community College time, equipment and/or resources will be administered by and coordinated through the Bevill State Community College Computer Services Office.
- Software for access to the Internet/Network, e-mail, and the World Wide Web must be approved by the Computer Services Office or will be provided for the user by the Computer Services Office. In service training sessions will be held on these topics and support will be provided for the approved software. If it is determined that the user is using any software different from what has been approved by the Computer Services Office or provided by the Computer Services Office and the user does not have prior approval from the Computer Services Office for the use of such software, the user’s access to the Internet/Network is subject to being immediate revoked.
- The user is solely responsible for the use of his or her network account and the confidentiality of the password. The user’s access will be suspended or changed immediately upon notification to the Computer Services Office that the user’s password has been stolen, lost or otherwise compromised. Allow NO ONE to use your network account.
- If the user’s account is suspended or revoked, an appeal can be made in writing to the President of Bevill State Community College.
- Bevill State Community College has contracted with Charter Communications and the Alabama Super Computer Authority to allow the user access to the Internet. To this extent, Bevill State Community College is unable to control the quality of the connection or speed of the transmission of Information passing through the network. This service/data is provided to Bevill State Community College on an “as is, as available” basis, without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Use of any information, programs, or data obtained via the Bevill State Community College Internet access is at the user’s sole risk. Bevill State Community College and the Computer Services Office specifically disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through this service.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed under the policies of Bevill State Community College and the laws of the state of Alabama.
- Failure of Bevill State Community College to enforce any provision of this agreement shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce such provision.
- Bevill State Community College Internet/Network access and services are provided to support open research and education in and among Institutions, plus open scholarly communication and research. Use for other purposes is not acceptable.
- Bevill State Community College and the Computer Services Office will not be responsible for any damage the user suffers from use of the Bevill State Community College Internet/Network access. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, nondeliveries, misdeliveries, or service interruptions caused by its own negligence or the user’s errors or omissions, or due to inadvertent release or disclosure of information sent by the user.