Co-Enrollment is an opportunity for adult education students to enroll in both adult education classes and specific Career Technical Education courses (CTE) at Bevill State Community College. Through Co-Enrollment, students can apply for and receive Pell Grant funding before achieving a high school equivalency credential.
- Student must be enrolled in adult education classes.
(Minimum 12 hours attendance)
- Student must score a level 5 or 6 on the TABE assessment in all three subjects.
(Reading, Math, and Language)
- Student must take the ACCUPLACER assessment and meet the minimum scores for Co-Enrollment and college placement.
- Student must meet with a Co-Enrollment Representative to assist with financial aid and college admissions requirements.
- Student must choose approved courses from one of the following Co-Enrollment Programs:
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Modern Manufacturing
- Machine Tool Technology
- Salon & Spa Management
- Vehicle Technology & Repair
- Welding Technology
- Once the student fulfills all requirements above and is accepted as a Co-Enrollment student, to remain eligible:
- Student must complete a minimum of 20 hours of instruction in adult education each semester.
- The student will exit Co-Enrollment once he/she obtains a GED or Non-Traditional High School Diploma.