Bevill State Community College Copyright Policy
Employees and students are expected to understand and adhere to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code), as adapted by the Technology, Education and Copyright Harmonization Act (TEACH). Copyright law must be followed when performances, displays, copies, or other reproductions of copyrighted material are made available to students. This includes the posting of copyrighted material on Canvas or other online sites. Under the TEACH Act, it is permissible to make copyrighted materials available to students, provided that students are notified that the materials may be subject to copyright protection, and that materials:
- do not exceed an amount or duration comparable to that typically displayed in a live classroom setting;
- are directly related to the course content;
- are an integral part of the teaching content;
- are intended solely for and are available only to students enrolled in the course, and
- are retained only for the class session.