This course is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills related to quality practices and measurement in a manufacturing environment. Topics covered include:
- Participate in periodic internal quality audit activities
- Check calibration of gages and other data collection equipment
- Suggest continuous improvements
- Inspect materials and product/process at all stages to ensure they meet specifications
- Document the results of quality problems
- Communicate quality problems
- Take corrective actions to restore or maintain quality
- Record process outcomes and trends
- Identify fundamentals of blueprint reading
- Use common measurement systems and precision measurement tools
This course is equivalent to ADM 106 and WKO 132.
Students completing this course will receive an MSSC Certificate in quality practices and measurement. Students completing courses ADM 291, 292, 293 and 294 will receive the Certified Production Technician credential.