This course is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills related to safety in a manufacturing environment. Topics covered include:
- Work in a safe and productive manufacturing workplace
- Perform safety and environmental inspections
- Perform emergency drills and participate in emergency teams
- Identify unsafe conditions and take corrective action
- Provide safety orientation for all employees
- Train personnel to use equipment safely
- Suggest process and procedures that support safety of work environment
- Fulfill safety and health requirements for maintenance, installation, and repair
- Monitor safe equipment and operator performance
- Utilize effective, safety-enhancing workplace practices
This course is equivalent to AUT 102 and WKO 131.
Students completing this course will receive an MSSC Certificate in Safety. Students completing courses ADM 291, 292, 293 and 294 will receive the Certified Production Technician credential.