For admission to any Alabama Community College System institution, applicants must provide one primary form of identification documentation listed below:
- Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
- Unexpired Alabama identification card
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card -Pre-1997
- Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or U.S. Territory that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
- U.S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
- BIA or tribal identification card with photo
- I-797 Form with expiration date
- Voter identification card from a state that verifies lawful presence
If appropriate documentation is not provided during the application process, the application is considered incomplete with a pending admission status and applicant will not be allowed to register at Bevill State.
Documentation may be presented in person or a legible copy sent via US mail, fax or email to the Office of Student Services.
Students seeking admission to Bevill State should follow these steps:
- Complete a Bevill State application for admission and provide appropriate identification documentation. Students can apply online at www.bscc.edu.
- Contact the Office of Student Services to schedule an appointment to complete the placement test.
- Request an official transcript from high school and any previously attended colleges. Students with an earned Baccalaureate Degree or higher may submit the transcript from the degree granting institution for admission purposes.
- Male students between the ages of 18 and 26 must document that he has registered with the U.S. Selective Service System in accordance with section 36-26- 15.1 of The Code of Alabama of 1974 (as amended). Register with the U.S. Selective Service at www.sss.gov.
Applicants who have not provided all the necessary required documents by the required date will be placed on hold for future registration and official transcript release.
Admission to the College does not guarantee acceptance or admission to certain Health Science programs such as Nursing, Emergency Medical Services and Surgical Technology, which may have additional standards for admission. Students should refer to the program descriptions in this Catalog for additional information. Any and all elements of admission requirements are subject to change without prior notice.