This course is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills related to maintenance awareness in a manufacturing environment. Topics covered include
- Prepare preventative maintenance and routine repair
- Monitor indicators to ensure correct operations
- Perform all housekeeping to maintain production schedule
- Recognize potential maintenance issues with basic production systems, including knowledge of when to inform maintenance personnel about problems with:
- electrical systems;
- pneumatic systems
- hydraulic systems;
- machine automation systems
- lubrication systems
- bearings and couplings
This course is equivalent to MET 220 and WKO 134.
Students completing this course will receive an MSSC certificate in maintenance awareness. Students completing courses ADM 291, 292, 293 and 294 will receive the Certified Production Technician credential.